[comp.windows.x] color xterm, yet another WM title setting script

tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) (09/16/90)

In article <THOTH.90Sep15195313@reef.cis.ufl.edu> thoth@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Gilligan) writes:

>   Guess what! here's yet another title setting script.  The only
> difference is that it does a few escape sequences for the color xterm.
> I call it mycolors, but if you can think of a better name, mail me.

[ script deleted for brevity ]

> --
> #perl -ne
> #/--------------------
> print "a window is a terrible thing to paste -", $me;
> #( My name's not really Gilligan, It's Robert Forsman, without an `e' )
> s/Gilligan/Robert Foresman/g;
> s/Foresman/Forsman/g;
> #--------------------/

Something that I think wasn't clear in the documentation:  If you are
using the dynamic color option, you can specify more than one color in
the same command by seperating them with ;'s.  For instance:

^]]10;PeachPuff3;NavyBlue;OrangeRed;OrangeRed;Black

sets the primary foreground and background colors, the text cursor
color, and the mouse pointer foreground and background colors.

--
Tom Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems

thoth@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Gilligan) (09/16/90)

  Guess what! here's yet another title setting script.  The only
difference is that it does a few escape sequences for the color xterm.
I call it mycolors, but if you can think of a better name, mail me.

#!/bin/sh

usage () {
cat << END
 usage: $0 [ options ]

  This program sets the colors in the color xterm.
  All options take an X color specification as
  their argument.  The possible arguments are:

    -fg or -foreground	sets the foreground color
    -bg or -background	sets the background color
    -cr or -cursorcolor	sets the text cursor color
    -ms or -pointercolor	sets the mouse pointer foreground color
    -mb or -pointerbackground	sets the mouse pointer background color
    -tfg or -tekforeground	sets the tektronix foreground color
    -tfg or -tekbackground	sets the tektronix background color

  The following are include just because it's
  painless to do so:
    -T or -title	sets the windomanager titlebar
    -n or -iconname	sets the windomanager icon name
    -Tn or -name	sets the windomanager titlebar and the icon name
    -lf or -logfile	sets the log file for the xterm
END
  exit 1
}

if [ $# -lt 2 ]; then usage; fi