[net.news] Organization changing?

ado@elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) (04/05/85)

The article below got a detailed looking over since it dropped into our "junk"
directory--as it turns out, that happened since it took over 14 days to arrive.

The question:  how did the expected
line that actually appears?  (This presumably happened at an "hp..." site.)

--
Bethesda Research Labs surely has some legal claim on BRL.
Gumby is a trademark of somebody or other.

tw@hpisla.UUCP (Tw Cook) (04/16/85)

The problem evidently occurred at the notesfiles -> news gateway on hpisla;
for some reason it decided that this article originated on an hp system (by
matching the first 2 characters against "hp"!) and sent it out; since there
was no organization present, it generated the default, which is
"Hewlett-Packard".  I've pored over the code several times, and have tried
to reproduce the problem, but I don't have a clue what happened.  Sigh.

--
Tw Cook			{hplabs, hp-pcd, hpfcla}!hpisla!tw or twc@hplabs.CSNET
(303) 667-5000x3724	HP Instrument Systems Lab, Loveland, CO