[comp.windows.x] how do I do this

roar@stud.cs.uit.no (Roar Steen) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep18.154558.22825@idt.unit.no> halvard@solan1.solan.unit.no (Halvard Halvorsen) writes:
>how do I do this ???
>
>what I need is dump on a file as my color-postscriptprinter ( QMS )
>is not on the net - I have tried
>
>  xwd -root | xpr -device ps -compact >xd.ps
>
>but this produced b/w output. It seems like xpr is b/w only (?).
>
>Also a friend of mine suggested something like
>
>  xwd | xtoxim | ximtops > xd.ps
>
>So I copied the code for xtoxim/ximtops but the make for ximtops crashed .
>
>So any of you G.O.D's ( Gurus on Duty ) now how to do this ???
>
>Halvard.

Why don't you use the pbm+ package? With this package you can use:
xwd -root | xwdtoppm | ppmtops > dump.ps
which produces a color postscript file. If you don't have the
pbm+ package, it is available at our site on anonymous ftp
(hpserv1.uit.no in pub/graphics/src)

--
//// Roar Steen                  // N-9000 TROMSOE, NORWAY              /
/// Computer Science Department // Phone : + 47 83 44051               //