[comp.windows.x] xgone wanted

zhou@ogicse.ogi.edu (zhou) (09/12/90)

Hi, netters

Could anyone kindly tell me where I can ftp source code or executable (for
DECstation 3100) of "xgone" which locks the display?  Please email to me
since I don't read this group regularly.

Thanks in advance,

zhou@cse.ogi.edu

zhou@ogicse.ogi.edu (zhou) (09/13/90)

Hi, everybody

I posted the "xgone wanted" message.  I got only one response from
Jon which is as follows:

>From: Jon Inouye <jinouye@vitus.cse.ogi.edu>
>
>We get most of our public X window software from one of two places,
>either from the USENET newsgroup Comp.sources.x or one of the
>archives. The biggest archive with anonymous ftp access is on
>expo.lcs.mit.edu under ~/contrib. Check the README files to see
>if the code has been tested on 3100. Unfortunately, most code has
>only been tested on Sun's but will usually run on all X platforms
>will some fixes to the source code (but then installing patches
>becomes a PAIN!).
>
>Jon

Ok, I've checked expo.lcs.mit.edu, but there is no "xgone". Maybe
some other sites have it. I've also found out that the Session Manager
on DECstation 3100 provides the similar function. Simply pull down
the "Session" manu in Session Manager window and select "Pause",
that's it! Hope it helps.

Lei Zhou

zhou@seat.ece.cmu.edu (Frank Lei Zhou) (09/19/90)

In article <12077@ogicse.ogi.edu> zhou@ogicse.ogi.edu (zhou) writes:

   Hi, everybody

   I posted the "xgone wanted" message.  I got only one response from
   Jon which is as follows:

   >From: Jon Inouye <jinouye@vitus.cse.ogi.edu>
   >
   >We get most of our public X window software from one of two places,
   >either from the USENET newsgroup Comp.sources.x or one of the
   >archives. The biggest archive with anonymous ftp access is on
   >expo.lcs.mit.edu under ~/contrib. Check the README files to see
   >if the code has been tested on 3100. Unfortunately, most code has
   >only been tested on Sun's but will usually run on all X platforms
   >will some fixes to the source code (but then installing patches
   >becomes a PAIN!).
   >
   >Jon

   Ok, I've checked expo.lcs.mit.edu, but there is no "xgone". Maybe
   some other sites have it. I've also found out that the Session Manager
   on DECstation 3100 provides the similar function. Simply pull down
   the "Session" manu in Session Manager window and select "Pause",
   that's it! Hope it helps.

Thanks to Kean Stump <kean@talon.ucs.orst.edu>, now it can be anonymous ftped
from talon.ucs.orst.edu. It's pub/xgone.tar.

Enjoy,