[comp.windows.x] XView on a RS6000, anyone done this ?

tom@parcom.nl (Tom van Peer) (09/28/90)

Time for some exotic questions ?  I've got this colleague who wants to
put a SunView application on a RS6000.  Only possibility we could come
up with was to get XView on the RS6000 and to convert the SunView
application to XView.  Sounds a bit far fetched but we couldn't
think of anything better.  So here come the questions:

1. Has anyone got XView running on a RS6000, and if so how much
   work is it to get it running ?

2. Who could relay some experiences with converting from SunView
   to XView.

3. Is this the right way to go at all ?  Or is there a better way
   to get a SunView application going on a RS6000.

Please MAIL your replies, since we don't receive this newsgroup
here.  Thanks in advance,

Tom.

murray@flatirons.central.sun.COM (Murray Stein [Rocky Mtn. Regional MTS]) (09/28/90)

	From: eru!hagbard!sunic!mcsun!hp4nl!parcom!parcom.nl@bloom-beacon.mit.edu  (Tom van Peer)
	Subject: XView on a RS6000, anyone done this ?
	To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu

	Time for some exotic questions ?  I've got this colleague who wants to
	put a SunView application on a RS6000.  Only possibility we could come
	up with was to get XView on the RS6000 and to convert the SunView
	application to XView.  Sounds a bit far fetched but we couldn't
	think of anything better.  So here come the questions:

	1. Has anyone got XView running on a RS6000, and if so how much
	   work is it to get it running ?

	2. Who could relay some experiences with converting from SunView
	   to XView.

	3. Is this the right way to go at all ?  Or is there a better way
	   to get a SunView application going on a RS6000.

	Please MAIL your replies, since we don't receive this newsgroup
	here.  Thanks in advance,

	Tom.

TGV, a Santa Cruz based company, will be beta-siting XView 2.0 on
VAX/VMS within a short time period.  If you have any candidates,
please contact:

	Paul Rasmussen
	TGV, Inc.
	603 Mission St.
	Santa Cruz, CA 95060
	(408) 427-4366
	(408) 427-4365 (FAX)

Sun Microsystems is currently seeking qualified beta sites for the following.
Please contact Jeff Hong or Alok Singhania at Sun to discuss:

	XView 2.0 on DECstation 3100 - Ultrix
	XView 2.0 on IBM RS6000 - AIX
	XView 2.0 on HP 9000/300 - UX
	XView 2.0 on IBM RT - AIX