[comp.windows.x] Building XView 2.0

cheung@titan.sw.mcc.com (Po Cheung) (09/27/90)

I'm sure this have been asked before but I missed the discussion earlier.

While making all in ./lib/libxvps, <xvps/pscan_ps.h> was referenced in
./lib/libxvps/pscanvas.h but is nowhere to be found.  Where is it?

Thanks much,
  Po

jmck@norge.Eng.Sun.COM (John McKernan) (09/29/90)

In article <4220@titan.sw.mcc.com> cheung@titan.sw.mcc.com (Po Cheung) writes:
>I'm sure this have been asked before but I missed the discussion earlier.
>
>While making all in ./lib/libxvps, <xvps/pscan_ps.h> was referenced in
>./lib/libxvps/pscanvas.h but is nowhere to be found.  Where is it?

Pscan_ps.h is generated by the cps program, which is part of Open
Windows.  You cannot use libxvps (xvps = XView to Post Script) unless
you use xnews as your server because xvps requires NeWS. Make sure the
HasOpenWindows imake variable in XView.cf is set to NO if you don't
have Open Windows installed.  If you do, make sure the environment
variable OPENWINHOME points to where open windows is installed before
you start the build.

John L. McKernan.                                                  jmck@sun.com