[net.news] problem with the postnews distribution feature

richard@vax135.UUCP (Richard Seide) (05/09/85)

Maybe someone can help me. I have a problem with the postnews distribution
Distribution feature. Whenever I specify a limited distribution (like nj)
to a newsgroup it gets posted to the whole newsgroup instead. This reults
in my getting burned to death!!! I am tired of being flamed!!!

This is what happens: Postnews after prompting for Subject,Newsgroups,and
Distribution places you in a vi file. I then get the following headers in
the file: Subject: xxxx
	  Newsgroups: xxxxx
I then write my article ending it with :wq which postnews then posts.
The problem is postnews ignores the Distribution feature and sends it all
over the world so people everywhere in the newsgroup get a chance to see what's
going on in nj.

I don't know if this bug was present from when we first started using the post
new software, or it is a new bug.

Does anyone have a similar problem, or know of a FIX ??????

If you would, please either respond by e-mail or call (201) 949-3645
Thanks,
Richard