[comp.windows.x] Where is XUniqueContext?????

evans@decvaxdec.com (Marc Evans Ultrix Q/A) (10/04/90)

In article <1990Oct4.021757.9104@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov>, kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley	) writes:
|> lib/X/Context.c still has XDeleteContext, XFindContext, and XSaveContext.
|>
|> doc/CH10 still references XUniqueContext, but it sure aint in the R4 Xlib.
|>
|> X11R4 patched to fix-18.  Can it really be that no one has found this
|> before now?

% grep XUniqueContext lib/X/*.h
Xutil.h:#define XUniqueContext()       ((XContext) XrmUniqueQuark())

- Marc
Marc Evans - WB1GRH - evans@decvax.DEC.COM  | Synergytics     (603)635-8876
      Unix and X Software Contractor        | 21 Hinds Ln, Pelham, NH 03076

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (10/04/90)

In article <391@decvax.decvax.dec.com.UUCP> evans@decvax.DEC.COM writes:
>In article kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley	) writes:
>
>% grep XUniqueContext lib/X/*.h
>Xutil.h:#define XUniqueContext()       ((XContext) XrmUniqueQuark())

Silly me.  Our DECs were still using DECwindows (R3) until late last night.
I relinked one of our applications and got unresolved externals for
XUniqueContext, so I went merrily grep'ing for it in /lib/X/*.c.  Naturally
enough, it wasn't to be found.

That'll teach me to grep without a license after hours. :-)

(Thanks Bob, I already knew how to grep! ;->)

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

Stirring up trouble again.