[net.news] verbose killing in rn

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (05/20/85)

I've been using rn for a few days now and really like it, for the most part.
I love being able to turn off articles from certain people, for example.

At first it was amusing to watch it kill articles but now it is boring.
Is there a way to turn this off?
--
 What do you do the day after a peak experience?

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.ARPA

In article <1384@amdcad.UUCP> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:

>At first it was amusing to watch it kill articles but now it is boring.
>Is there a way to turn this off?

As far as I know, the only way to get rid of kill file commands is to edit
the kill file(s).  rn provides for this; type ^K at the appropriate point
(in the desired newsgroup, for instance).

Charley Wingate   umcp-cs!mangoe

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (05/22/85)

In article <5958@umcp-cs.UUCP> mangoe@umcp-cs.UUCP (Charley Wingate) writes:
>In article <1384@amdcad.UUCP> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>
>>At first it was amusing to watch it kill articles but now it is boring.
>>Is there a way to turn this off?
>
>As far as I know, the only way to get rid of kill file commands is to edit
>the kill file(s).  rn provides for this; type ^K at the appropriate point
>(in the desired newsgroup, for instance).

I don't want to turn off the killing. I want to turn off the display of what
is being killed.