[net.news.group] net.scouts

jim@cadomin.UUCP (Jim Easton) (08/23/85)

***

Would there be any interest in a new newsgroup devoted to scouting?
- viz. net.scouts.

If there are scouters at your site please ask them to respond (that is
if they're interested).  Although I posted this to more than one group
I would suggest that the place to respond would be net.news.group or
send me mail - I hope to be inundated.

	Jim Easton (..alberta!jim)

mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) (08/26/85)

> ***
>
> Would there be any interest in a new newsgroup devoted to scouting?
> - viz. net.scouts.
>
> If there are scouters at your site please ask them to respond (that is
> if they're interested).  Although I posted this to more than one group
> I would suggest that the place to respond would be net.news.group or
> send me mail - I hope to be inundated.
>
> 	Jim Easton (..alberta!jim)

I would be interested in participating in a Scouting newsgroup.  As a former
Eagle Scout and a future (very near future) Scout leader/volunteer, I would
like to share stories and problems and ideas with other people interested
in Scouting.

Mike Clifford
ihuxb!mcal
(312) 979-7870    7:30 - 4:30

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (08/28/85)

Rather than suggesting a new group, why not suggest a place to post?
That is, try posting some articles on scouting somewhere and see
what kind of response you get.  My first suggestion would be to
post some articles to "net.kids".

If you only get one or two people posting articles, exchange mail
with each other.  If you get 10-30 people involved, start a mailing list.
If you generate lots and lots of articles, then is the time to
suggest a new newsgroup.
--
Gene "4 months and counting" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (08/28/85)

> If you only get one or two people posting articles, exchange mail
> with each other.  If you get 10-30 people involved, start a mailing list.
> If you generate lots and lots of articles, then is the time to
> suggest a new newsgroup.
> --
                               Dave Lowrey

"To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question....
 ....or is it?"
                                ...!(<sun,cbosgd,ihnp4}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (08/28/85)

> > ***
> >
> > Would there be any interest in a new newsgroup devoted to scouting?
> > - viz. net.scouts.

  I suggest that you first use net.rec, and see if there is really enough
interest to justify a new newsgroup. If there is, then we could consider
creating net.rec.scouts

--Greg
--
{ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!noao | harpo!seismo | ihnp4!noao}
       		        !hao!woods

CSNET: woods@NCAR  ARPA: woods%ncar@CSNET-RELAY

"Comes a time, when a blind man takes your hand, says don't you see..."

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (09/03/85)

In article <1956@amdahl.UUCP> dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>How do new net-users know about the mailing list(s)?
>--

Well, new users should be reading the articles posted in
net.announce.newusers.  One of those articles is the list of known
Chuq von Rospach was maintaining that list up to the first of this month,
and I will be maintaining it from here on along with the other
regular postings to "newusers".

For established users, that list is also posted to "mod.newslists".

--
Gene "4 months and counting" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
CSNet:	Spaf @ GATech		ARPA:	Spaf%GATech.CSNet @ CSNet-Relay.ARPA
uucp:	...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!spaf

jim@alberta.UUCP (Jim Easton) (09/14/85)

***
Having read some of the problems of the net I withdraw my request
for a separate group - at least for the moment anyway.

For anyone interested I have posted an article to net.kids.

	Jim Easton (..alberta!jim)