[comp.windows.x] Graphics packages for X

larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) (10/10/90)

Besides PHIGS, are there other graphics libraries/packages that will do
3D graphics within X?

mikeh@bryant.NCD.COM (Mike Harrigan) (10/10/90)

In article <9888@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>, larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov
(Larry Carroll) writes:
|> Besides PHIGS, are there other graphics libraries/packages that will do
|> 3D graphics within X?

There are quite a number of commercially available graphics libraries,
most of which have some 3D capability.

Computer Associates (619) 452-0170
	CA-DISSPLAY

Template Graphics Software (619) 457-5359
	FIGARO+

SCO, Inc. (303) 666-5400
	GRAFkit

Precision Visuals (303) 530-9000
	PV~Wave

These companies are listed in the NCD EXPORT Catalog. There may be some
others I have missed. If you find one that is not listed here, please
let me know and I will try to get it listed in the next catalog.

To get a copy of the catalog send a request to info@ncd.com

Mike Harrigan
Network Computing Devices
mikeh@ncd.com

bpowell@excalibur.osc.edu (Brian Powell) (10/11/90)

In article <9888@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>, larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) writes:
> Besides PHIGS, are there other graphics libraries/packages that will do
> 3D graphics within X?

Well,  there is a very nice (and very cheap at $75.00) package called apE created by The Ohio Supercomputer Graphics Project (OSGP) at the Ohio Supercomputer Center.  The package is higher level than PHIGS and is a scientific visualization package as well as a 3D graphics system.  There is really nothing like it under
X Windows (except maybe AVS by Stardent at about $3000.00 a copy).

For more information about apE, send email to:
	Michelle Messenger - michelle@osgp.osc.edu

Or call and leave a message at: (614) 292-0006

--

|                                            Brian S. Powell  bpowell@osc.edu |