[comp.windows.x] Visuals

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (10/29/88)

In article RWS@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU (Robert Scheifler) writes:
>workstations) you'll get 4, 8, 12, and 24 bit visuals.  You're pretty
>unlikely to get a 3-bit visual.

Except of course if the underlieing hardware is bitplane oriented as
opposed to chunky pixels and the display subsystem is flexible enough
to specify the number of bitplanes you want  to be squirted at the
screen. I know of atleast one architecture that meets those specs. ;-)

--
Dale Luck     Boing, Inc. {uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}|!amiga!boing!dale
Although I do contract work for Amiga-LosGatos, my opinions probably

etaylor@wilkins.iaims.bcm.tmc.edu (Eric Taylor) (10/12/90)

I would like to create a shell widget with a different visual than
its parent.  I am using a resource file, but I get a BadMatch when
the widget is realized.

(i.e. Asking for a Gray Scale Visual when its parent is PseudoColor)

--
					Eric Taylor
					Baylor College of Medicine