[net.news] Women and the consumption of toilet paper.

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (06/21/85)

> >	If you don't like the way things are said in (altogether now..)
> >NET.FLAME,
> >		DON'T READ THE GROUP THEN!!!
>
> I don't, but I still see this kind of drivel.  Note the "Newsgroups:"
> line in the header:
>
> 	Newsgroups: net.flame,net.women
>
> This stuff is also in net.women.
>
> Now, *FLAME ON* before you berate someone for inappropriate postings
> engage your own brain and look at what *you're* doing.  I couldn't
> care less what shows up in net.flame, or how it's phrased.  In other
> groups, a modicum of decorum is expected.  Scott showed none. *FLAME OFF*
>
> Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
> {ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146

Perhaps, we should enforce some more social reform through software (as
was done with the last release of news) in that when you hit followup
to a message for more than one group that it asks you group by group
which of the ones you wish your followup to appear in (it already knows
to followup net.general -> net.followup).

-Ron

jss@sjuvax.UUCP (J. Shapiro) (06/23/85)

[Pacman's revenge....]
> Perhaps, we should enforce some more social reform through software (as
> was done with the last release of news) in that when you hit followup
> to a message for more than one group that it asks you group by group
> which of the ones you wish your followup to appear in (it already knows
> to followup net.general -> net.followup).
>
> -Ron

I think this is a good idea, as experience shows that allowing people to edit
the followup lines optionally is not sufficient - in practice, we are
obviously finding that they do not.

My vote is yes, and I would offer to implement it, but by the time I got to
it we would all be running Amber...

Jonathan S. Shapiro
Haverford College