[comp.windows.x] olwm and OpenWindows scroll bars

dave@SAM.CS.OLEMISS.EDU (10/12/90)

How can I make the olwm from the X11 distribution show OpenWindows style
scroll bars?  Currently I only get the scroll bar on the left as is shown
in gwm.

Thanks

dave

cflatter@ZIA.AOC.NRAO.EDU (Chris Flatters) (10/13/90)

dave@sam.cs.olemiss.edu writes:

> How can I make the olwm from the X11 distribution show OpenWindows style
> scroll bars?  Currently I only get the scroll bar on the left as is shown
> in gwm.

Scrollbars are generated by X clients not the window manager.  OPEN LOOK
will have OPEN LOOK scroll bars irrespective of which window manager is
used; non-OPEN LOOK clients will have some other style of scroll bar
even if olwm is used.

			Chris Flatters