[net.news] NET.FLAME and NET.WOMEN

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (06/26/85)

In article <459@wdl1.UUCP> jrm@wdl1.UUCP writes:

>To Sarah and others offended by net.flame:
>
>So net.flame goes to net.women? And you don't like net.flame?
>Then break the connection, dummy! Surely net.women can control what groups
>feed into it.
>  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
>                  jrm @ford-wdl1

It isn't that simple. wdl1 runs notes, and I don't know what that does with
it, but if someone posts something to a newsgroup set like
'net.flame,net.women', the usenet sources do a logical OR of those groups.
If you subscribe to either, you see the article. There are times when I'd
like to set that up as a logical AND, so you have to subscribe to both, but
I haven't looked at the code to see how that might happen.  [Hmm... larry,
how would rn do that?]

Your flame, then, is all wet. They DID get out of the kitchen, and the fire
followed them into the living room. They can't do a thing about it. I think
I've come up with a way around the growing problem of misposted messages,
but I'm not sure yet where it'll lead, so I don't want to talk about it.

chuq
--
:From the misfiring synapses of:                  Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui   nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

The offices were very nice, and the clients were only raping the land, and
then, of course, there was the money...

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/27/85)

<Ernq guvf zrffntr jvgu "ge t-yn-sf-kz-emlT-YN-SF-KZ-EML n-mN-M">

Ct gxncifk <2905@tmi.OOIV> ibowoc@tmi.OOIV (Ibgxfkm Put Xumvgib) qxcnkm:

>  <ghuon nbk ixumm-vumncta nu tkn.quskt>
>
>Zuox lfgsk, nbkt, cm gff qkn. Nbkz JCJ akn uon ul nbk ecnibkt, gtj nbk lcxk
>luffuqkj nbks ctnu nbk fcpcta xuus. Nbkz igt'n ju g nbcta ghuon cn.

Qxuta gagct, Ibow.  Nbk quskt uxcactgffz ixumm-vumnkj nu tkn.lfgsk.  Nbkz
jcjt'n akn uon ul nbk ecnibkt, nbkz igxxckj nbk lfgsk ctnu nbk fcpcta xuus.
Gtj aun hoxtkj, moxvxcmk, moxvxcmk.

    Miunn X. Noxtkx
    GXVG:  (tuq) mxn@OIFG-FUIOM.GXVG  (muut) mxn@FUIOM.OIFG.KJO
    OOIV:  ...!{ikvo,cbtv4,nxqmvv,oihpgr}!oifg-im!mxn
    MVOJTKN: ...kzk%mxn@xommkn.mvoj