[comp.windows.x] Help: looking for 100 dpi sun open look glyph fonts

harrism@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (10/16/90)

I am looking for the 100dpi open look glyph fonts.
Open look needs them to startup.
Sun created the glyph fonts and distibutes them in 75dpi form. Sun does not
make a 100 dpi terminal so this may have been an oversight on their part.

If the fonts do not exist, does anyone know how to create them?

I need the 10, 12, 14 and 19 point font files and a cursor file.

Mitch Harris (216) 646-4229

rhoward@msd.gatech.edu (Robert L. Howard) (10/18/90)

In <1459.271acb71@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com> harrism@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:

>I am looking for the 100dpi open look glyph fonts.
>Open look needs them to startup.
>Sun created the glyph fonts and distibutes them in 75dpi form. Sun does not
>make a 100 dpi terminal so this may have been an oversight on their part.

However, the 16" color monitors are much closer to 100dpi than 75dpi so
that is not much of an excuse is it?  I think the real reason is that
Sun wants Sun users to buy OpenWindows and use the scalable fonts...

>If the fonts do not exist, does anyone know how to create them?

>I need the 10, 12, 14 and 19 point font files and a cursor file.

I too, am interested as I don't use the OW server.

Robert
--
| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward@msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |