[comp.windows.x] NCD terminals: comments on quality requested

levy@mtcchi.uucp (2656-Daniel R. Levy(0000000)0000) (10/12/90)

I am requesting comments, positive or negative, on the overall quality of NCD
(Network Computing Devices) terminals.  We have been testing two demo units (a
NCD16e and a NCD19) for a few days, and so far they have worked nicely X-wise.
However, both units have a skewed monitor display; the raster is not as tall on
the right hand side of the screen as on the left.  The sales representatives
told me this is because the units have been bumped around quite a bit during
shipping between demo sites.  Given that there is no place I know of to look
at NCD terminals which have not been bumped around (I asked), I am soliciting
comments from other NCD terminal users.  Do they go out of alignment easily?
Any other problems?  Please send email if you can: ..!uunet!tellab5!mtcchi!levy

Thank you.

--
 Daniel R. Levy * uunet!tellab5!mtcchi!levy * These views not on behalf of MTC
so far as I can remember, there is not one  [vs] .. THEREFORE BE AS SHREWD AS

ron@xwind.UUCP (Ronald P. Hughes) (10/21/90)

In article <1990Oct11.235154.25565@mtcchi.uucp> levy@mtcchi.uucp (2656-Daniel R. Levy(0000000)0000) writes:
>I am requesting comments, positive or negative, on the overall quality of NCD
>(Network Computing Devices) terminals.

We have an NCD16 which we purchased back in the spring of 1989.  We've used it
here in the office and dragged it to various shows.  We have also had various
NDC demo units at shows and here at the office.  All of them have worked great.
No problems.  The image is still crisp, square & centered.

Ronald P. Hughes		ron@xwind.com  (or ...!uunet!xwind!ron)
CrossWind Technologies, Inc.	408-335-4988

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:  I have no interest in NCD.  They seem like nice folks, though.