[comp.windows.x] OpenLook on an IBM RS/6000

jdb26@chemabs.UUCP (10/24/90)

Has anyone ported AT&T's Xol 2.0 to an IBM RS/6000 running
AIXWindows?  In specific, ported the AT&T Xol and Xt libraries,
as well as olwm and olwsm.  I'd be curious to here from
failed as well as successful attempts.

Thanks in advance
Jeff Bailey                        |  All opinions are my own and do not
Chemical Abstracts Service         |  necessarily reflect those of my
Columbus, OH 43221                 |  employer.
(614) 447-3600 (x3092)             |

BITNET: jdb26@cas.bitnet           |
UUCP:   osu-cis!chemabs!jdb26      |

korp@atlantis.ees.anl.gov (Peter Korp) (10/25/90)

In article <9010241920.AA00542@saqqara.cis.ohio-state.edu> jdb26@chemabs.UUCP writes:

>Has anyone ported AT&T's Xol 2.0 to an IBM RS/6000 running
>AIXWindows?  In specific, ported the AT&T Xol and Xt libraries,
>as well as olwm and olwsm.  I'd be curious to here from
>failed as well as successful attempts.

I know that a member of the IBM engineering team in Austin ported XView to
the RS/6000. I think I heard they were doing Xol too. Would anyone from
IBM wish to comment?

[signature deleted]

Peter