[comp.windows.x] Large Fonts

pelakh@mozart.convex.com (Boris Pelakh) (10/23/90)

I am looking for LARGE fonts - about size 72 or so. Are these avaliable
anywhere ?

Boris Pelakh				"A day without sunshine is like
					 a night"
pelakh@convex.com			 		-- Steve Martin

asente@adobe.com (Paul Asente) (10/24/90)

In article <107530@convex.convex.com> pelakh@mozart.convex.com (Boris Pelakh) writes:
>I am looking for LARGE fonts - about size 72 or so. Are these avaliable
>anywhere ?

If you are using a DEC or IBM workstation, you can use Display PostScript
to get fonts at any size you want.

	-paul asente

New address!	asente@adobe.com	...decwrl!adobe!asente

fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (10/24/90)

>I am looking for LARGE fonts - about size 72 or so. Are these avaliable
>anywhere ?

Which server are you using?  If you're using X/NeWS, you have a bunch of
outline fonts that you can scale to *any* size (although its tough to
do development with a shelltool with a 72 point font...;-)

Frank G.

grunwald@foobar.colorado.edu (Dirk Grunwald) (10/25/90)

--

You may also use the 'mftobdf' tool that comes with the SeeTeX
distribution to create a humongo font, if you've got the matching

For example,

	~ftp/pub/SeeTeX/Bdf-85dpi/cminch.85.bdf.Z

on foobar.colorado.edu should givve you ~1" letters on an 85dpi display.