know where to get the following fonts?

Oker(?)A : Used in US banks.
Oker B   : Used in Europe.
E13B     : Used on magnetic cards.

Any type of X-windows or Sunview font
would be fine.

Thanks in advance,

Narayan Sriranga Raja.

PS:  No, I'm not planning to counterfeit checks.
     This is for Pattern Recognition.     :-)

In article <1990Oct25.195644.419@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> raja@cpswh.cps.msu.edu writes:
>Forgive me if this newsgroup is not
>the most appropriate, but does anyone
comp.fonts probably is.

>Oker(?)A : Used in US banks.
>Oker B   : Used in Europe.
OCR-A and OCR-B (Optical Character Recognition) are both
available from Adobe in Postscript and Screen formats
(where Screen==Mac and maybe PC's, I don't know).

>E13B     : Used on magnetic cards.
No idea on this one.

>PS:  No, I'm not planning to counterfeit checks.
Rumour has it that the toner in most laser printers is
sufficiently magnetic to keep the check scanners happy,
although I haven't had a chance to verify this.  If this
is the case then you can write your own checks (which
is perfectly legal, after all, I buy mine from a
computer-check company, the bank doesn't mind).
However if they can't scan it some banks will charge
extra, and they don't use optical scanners, that's why
the magnetic ink.

--
Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.