[comp.windows.x] Help with core dump

ntran@manta.NOSC.MIL (Nu Tran) (10/30/90)

I'm writing a program using the XView toolkit.  My program creates a
command frame with a tty subwindow, but it crashes and produces
error messages like

  signal SEGV (segmentation violation) in ttysw_ansi_escape at 0xed34d46
  0xed34d46:              bclr    #0x7,a3@(0x2d)

whenever I type a vi command on the tty subwindow.

Does anyone know what went wrong with my program?
Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Nu Tran.
ntran@manta.nosc.mil

jmck@norge.Eng.Sun.COM (John McKernan) (10/31/90)

In article <1301@manta.NOSC.MIL> ntran@manta.NOSC.MIL (Nu Tran) writes:
>I'm writing a program using the XView toolkit.  My program creates a
>command frame with a tty subwindow, but it crashes
>whenever I type a vi command on the tty subwindow.

Your program crashes because vi is trying to turn off a scrollbar
the ttysw doesn't have. Run vi inside a termsw instead.

John McKernan.
Windows and Graphics Software, Sun Microsystems.                  jmck@sun.com