[comp.windows.x] Porting Open Look to Motif

tmwalden@bbn.com (Tim M. Walden) (11/03/90)

I have an graphics application written using the XView toolkit and wish/need to
port it to Motif.  Are there any books on this subject.  It seems to me that
the OSF would love to support "defectors" like myself.

Tim Walden
BBN Inc.
tmwalden@bbn.com

fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (11/05/90)

> In article <60552@bbn.BBN.COM> tmwalden@BBN.COM (Tim M. Walden) writes:
> >
> >I have an graphics application written using the XView toolkit and wish/need to
> >port it to Motif.  Are there any books on this subject.  It seems to me that
> >the OSF would love to support "defectors" like myself.
> >
> >Tim Walden
> >BBN Inc.
> >tmwalden@bbn.com
>
> Intersting.....
>
> I happen to need a tool to go from Motif to Open Look. Any ideas?
> Can an IB tool like EXOC AutoCode do this, if I want to rewrite the UI?
>
> Peter

	Yes, we're also in the process of converting a lot of Motif stuff
	to OPEN LOOK...:-)  We'd rather not start from scratch again, but
	after some research into the matter, it looks like we have to
	bite the bullet.  Of course, separating the UI from the app
	wherever possible is going to make our work a *little* easier ;-<

	Frank G.