[comp.windows.x] Microsoft Windows 3.0 X window server

graham@netwrx1.UUCP (James Graham) (11/02/90)

Does anyone know of X window server products for Microsoft Windows 3.0.
I am aware of XVision from Visionware. If anyone know of others, I would
appreciate hearing from you, especially if you currently use the products.

Thanks in advance

Jim Graham

UUCP:		uunet!netwrx1!graham
Internet:	graham%netwrx1@uunet.uu.net
  James M. Graham		Usenet:	  uunet!netwrx1!graham
  NetWorks One			Internet: graham%netwrx1@uunet.uu.net
  Vienna, Virginia		Voice:    (703) 827-7767

fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (11/02/90)

At the Unix Expo I saw X11/AT from Integrated Inference Machines which looked
pretty interesting.  It ran an X11 environment in a MS Window (3.0).
It apparently used a DLL to trap the X stuff and convert to MSW calls.
You were also able to cut-n-paste between xterms and other MSW windows.

A tech rep told me that the next rev of their software (he wouldn't
say when) would do away with the notion of an entire X environment
in an MS window and put separate X clients each in their own MS window.

Frank G.

BTW, at the NeWS Bof there, Sun announced availability of OW (X *and* NeWS)
src code for $1,000 on Jan 1.  They were also giving away free copies
of OW 2.0 *with* all the docs (at the Open Vistas booth).

jae@c-art.UUCP (Yukon Kid) (11/06/90)

In article <9011021552.AA00978@islanders.> fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) writes:
  |BTW, at the NeWS Bof there, Sun announced availability of OW (X *and* NeWS)
                                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  |src code for $1,000 on Jan 1.  They were also giving away free copies
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  |of OW 2.0 *with* all the docs (at the Open Vistas booth).

Interesting.  Confirmation anyone?

-john

John Eadie _Computing Art Inc_ jeadie@Sun.COM (416) 536-9951 | (604) 224-9201
Studio #303, 25 Liberty, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M6K 1A6  FAX (416) 536-6252

`_The riddle_ does not exist' 6.5, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, Wittgenstein

korp@atlantis.ees.anl.gov (Peter Korp) (11/06/90)

In article <324@c-art.UUCP> jae@c-art.UUCP (Yukon Kid) writes:
>In article <9011021552.AA00978@islanders.> fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) writes:
>  |BTW, at the NeWS Bof there, Sun announced availability of OW (X *and* NeWS)
>  |src code for $1,000 on Jan 1.  They were also giving away free copies
>  |of OW 2.0 *with* all the docs (at the Open Vistas booth).
>
>Interesting.  Confirmation anyone?
>
>-john

Yes, OpenWindows 2.0 source will be available from Sun for $995. Sun will post
an offical announcement of the release "REAL SOON". Watch for the announcement
and try to hold questions till then, no one but Sun knows the answers.

Peter