[comp.windows.x] xmh core dumping

hallamw@antarctica.crd.ge.com (William J Hallam) (11/03/90)

I've just run in to an interesting bug.   I select
"Edit Message" from the View menu in xmh, modify a message text and
then save it.  Fine.  But, if I do it again, I get a core dump.  Dbx
reports the following:

(dbx) run
Running: /usr/bin/X11/xmh
signal SEGV (segmentation violation) in _XtAddDefaultConverters at 0xf768569c
0xf768569c:     ld      [%o4], %o4
(dbx) where
_XtAddDefaultConverters() at 0xf768569c
XtSetSensitive() at 0xf76991a4
XtSetSensitive() at 0xf7699174
XtSetSensitive() at 0xf7699174
XtSetSensitive() at 0xf7699174
XtSetValues() at 0xf76994d0
DoSaveView() at 0x10cf4
_XtCallCallbacks() at 0xf7680a28
XtCallCallbacks() at 0xf7680c40
XawSimpleMenuClearActiveEntry() at 0xf772dcc8
XawScrollbarSetThumb() at 0xf772d11c
_XtTranslateEvent() at 0xf76a106c
XtWindowToWidget() at 0xf768944c
_XtOnGrabList() at 0xf7689c00
XtDispatchEvent() at 0xf7689cac
main() at 0x55c4

Any ideas?

--
   Will Hallam

  The above reflects my own opinions and not those of my employer

  "We're from Brooklyn, we don't surf there"
                                     ---Spike Lee

gerday@shell.COM (11/07/90)

We've seen the same thing here. The only additional information I have
to add is that it only occurs with libXt patched after fix-8.  On the
same machine (sun4 OS 4.0.3c) with the same xmh binary and shared libs
using libXt patched up to fix-8, no crash; using libXt patched through
fix-18, it crashes predictably after 2 saves. I did get an error
message once while crashing it in dbx: "Error: calloc failed"

Can anyone help?

Jan Gerday	    << C'etait chouette... on a bien rigole! >>
gerday@shell.com   			- Petit Nicolas

..!{sun,psuvax1,bcm,rice,decwrl,cs.utexas.edu}!shell!gerday
Consultant to:
Shell Oil Company, IC-6G05
P.O. Box 20329,  Houston, TX 77225-0320
	(Tel: 713.795.3075)

> Date: 2 Nov 90 21:03:45 GMT
> From: William J Hallam
<mintaka!think.com!samsung!uakari.primate.wisc.edu!crdgw1!antarctica!hal
lamw@bloom-beacon.mit.edu>