[comp.windows.x] Looking for BASIC example of...

mitch@hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) (11/06/90)

Greetings!

I'd like to get a ``bare bones'' example of an X11 client that will:

o Have 1 or more buttons
o Can take input via keyboard
o can scroll through a list
o can tell which member of the list is clicked on

I have one that uses the Motif libraries, but the system I need to use this
example has the basic X11 distribution.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
  ..mitch

   mitch@hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) | The Pentagon, 1B1046 | (703) 695-0262

   ``A system without PERL is like a hockey game without a fight.''
		-- Mitch Wright

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (11/08/90)

> I'd like to get a ``bare bones'' example of an X11 client that will:
>
> o Have 1 or more buttons
> o Can take input via keyboard
> o can scroll through a list
> o can tell which member of the list is clicked on
>
> I have one that uses the Motif libraries, but the system I need to use this
> example has the basic X11 distribution.

There are example programs in the R4 distribution from MIT in the directory
examples/Xaw that could be combined to create what you want.

fredi@glance.ch (Fredi Schmid) (11/08/90)

mitch wright from the Air Force HQ in the Pentagon writes:

> Greetings!
>
> I'd like to get a ``bare bones'' example of an X11 client that will:
>
> o Have 1 or more buttons
> o Can take input via keyboard
> o can scroll through a list
> o can tell which member of the list is clicked on
>
> I have one that uses the Motif libraries, but the system I need to use this
> example has the basic X11 distribution.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Well, what do we conclude? The AF HQ is looking for a program that
uses one button and presents a list of options, i.e. "Russia", "Iraq",
"Cuba", etc.

What's the text on the button going to be?

I hope it's not going to be the user interface of the application
called "SDI"...

:-)
--
Fredi Schmid						Glance Ltd.