[comp.windows.x] Forms Management System in X11?

robinson@cp0201.bellcore.com (Ken Robinson) (11/02/90)

Is there any product (either available via anonymous ftp or commercially)
that is a Form Management System that utlilizes X11.  What we are looking
for is a package that allows a program to say 'put up form XYZ' or
'get VALUE of field A' without knowing about X11.  The Form Manager
would translate those function calls to X11 and do the right thing.
It would also be helpful if the system include a simple way to design
forms.

Thank you
Ken Robinson
Bellcore, Piscataway, NJ
908-699-8796

robinson@cp0201.bellcore.com  (VMS)
rbnsn@cc.bellcore.com  (unix)

dias@epps.kodak.com (Bob Dias) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov1.123019@cp0201.bellcore.com>, robinson@cp0201.bellcore.com (Ken Robinson) writes:
> Is there any product (either available via anonymous ftp or commercially)
> that is a Form Management System that utlilizes X11.  What we are looking
> for is a package that allows a program to say 'put up form XYZ' or
> 'get VALUE of field A' without knowing about X11.  The Form Manager
> would translate those function calls to X11 and do the right thing.
> It would also be helpful if the system include a simple way to design
> forms.

	There is no product available to my knowledge that is a Form
	Management System that runs on X.

	There is however a Form Interface Management System specification
	being proposed as an ANSI standard. From my understanding though,
	the specification is very character-based terminal dependent, and
	a long way from being extended to a windowing environment.

-Bob                Usenet:    dias@atexnet.uuxp
                    Internet:  dias@epps.kodak.com