[comp.windows.x] Sun cgnine + X11 R4

bmh@uncmed.med.unc.edu (11/08/90)

I'm trying to find how out to run X11 R4 on a Sun 4/370 with a cgnine
(Sun's 24 bit frame buffer).  Anyone have some pointers.  The X docs
say it's not (directly supported), but mention something about using
cgtwo0 (the regular 8 bit Sun Frame buffer).
  I figure maybe somehow with xinit and gpconfig and I setup the cgnine/
  gpone to look like a cgtwo and have X talk to this pseudo cgtwo, but I
  haven't got anything to work.

  Any help appreciated :-)...

  Brad
  bmh@rad.unc.edu

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) (11/09/90)

bmh@uncmed.med.unc.edu writes:
>I'm trying to find how out to run X11 R4 on a Sun 4/370 with a cgnine
>(Sun's 24 bit frame buffer).

A CG9 driver was posted by a guy from Japan a week or so ago...
I have the posting on another computer; it's in two parts...
Email me if ya want it...

boyter@fstc-chville.army.mil