[comp.windows.x] "h": undefined variable error

dcox@ssd.kodak.com (Don Cox (253-7121)) (11/15/90)

I am running OpenWindows 2.0 from Sun on assorted Sun3's and 4's
all running SunOS4.0.3.  Whenever I try to call up the mailtool I get
"h": undefined variable
in my console.  Not only that, but if a console is not present,
the message stays at the bottom of the screen forever (refresh doesn't
get rid of it.

Why am I getting this error message, and why can't I remove a message
that was suppose to be directed to the console?

Thanks.
--

                  Don Cox
Phone (716) 253-7121      KMX (716) 253-7998

jmck@norge.Eng.Sun.COM (John McKernan) (11/15/90)

dcox@ssd.kodak.com (Don Cox (253-7121)) writes:
> Whenever I try to call up the mailtool I get
>"h": undefined variable in my console.

Try typing the following at your shell prompt "echo $h". You'll see the
same error message (unless "h" is actually set to something). I would
guess that a dot file somewhere is incorrect (ie .cshrc, .mailrc,
.mailtool-init, .textswrc, .who-knows).

John McKernan.
Windows and Graphics Software, Sun Microsystems.                  jmck@sun.com