[comp.windows.x] Problems Installing Asente - Swick Widgets

yakker@ucrmath.ucr.edu (matt robinson) (11/14/90)

Hello...

I'm having somewhat of a problem installing the new widgets.  I'm not sure
whether it has anything to do with the type of setup we have here, or
perhaps some slight oversight I have made.

When I go in to compile the widgets, the first widget that tries to run
through compilation fails with structure conflicts and error messages with
ObjectPart.  It seems to have some major conflicts with some of the normal
widgets on our system, especially the Label Widget.  It seems that for each
widget code set I try to compile under both conditions, the widget seems to
to fail on the ObjectPart set, under the ObjectClassRec structure.

Any ideas?  Anyone got this to compile without a hitch?  Have their been any
major bug fixes to 11.4 which if not applied to our system would keep these
widgets from installing correctly?  Help would be much appreciated, as I
would love to use some of these widgets in the school's code.  Thank you
in advance.

--Matt

asente@adobe.com (Paul Asente) (11/15/90)

In article <9868@ucrmath.ucr.edu> yakker@ucrmath.ucr.edu (matt robinson) writes:
>I'm having somewhat of a problem installing the new widgets...
>
>Any ideas?  Anyone got this to compile without a hitch?  Have their been any
>major bug fixes to 11.4 which if not applied to our system would keep these
>widgets from installing correctly?

The MIT fixes to Xt up through fix-11 must be installed for the
sample widgets to compile.  The necessary changes involve some changes to
definitions and macros that concern Objects, so this could easily be your
problem.

If you have the fixes installed and it still doesn't work, please send me mail
with more details (like the output from the compile) and I'll see what I can
do.

	-paul asente
		asente@adobe.com	...decwrl!adobe!asente