[comp.windows.x] Applying patches to x sources

aj4640@dean1.usma.edu (Robertson John MAJ) (11/17/90)

A beginner's question:  to apply patches to various x sources, one
must have a program called patch.  Can anyone tell where I can get
this?

Jack

mouse@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU (11/19/90)

> A beginner's question:  to apply patches to various x sources, one
> must have a program called patch.  Can anyone tell where I can get
> this?

Almost any sources archive site.  It's a very widely spread program.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (11/20/90)

In article <9011190631.AA18936@Larry.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> mouse@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU writes:
>> A beginner's question:  to apply patches to various x sources, one
>> must have a program called patch.  Can anyone tell where I can get
>> this?
>
>Almost any sources archive site.  It's a very widely spread program.

Not to mention it's distributed with the X11R4 source on tape-2, and ends
up in the contrib directory.

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

I don't watch Twin Peaks; I just come to work.

paulsh@denali.wv.tek.COM (Paul Shearer) (11/21/90)

> In article <9011190631.AA18936@Larry.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> mouse@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU writes:
> >> A beginner's question:  to apply patches to various x sources, one
> >> must have a program called patch.  Can anyone tell where I can get
> >> this?
> >
> >Almost any sources archive site.  It's a very widely spread program.
> >

> Not to mention it's distributed with the X11R4 source on tape-2, and ends
> up in the contrib directory.
>
> --
> Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
> kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

Actually it is on the X11R4 tape in:

mit/util/patch

Paul Shearer
M.S. 60-850
Tektronix, Inc.
P.O. Box 1000
Wilsonville, OR
	 97070-1000

W (503) 685-2137
FAX (503) 682-1500
paulsh@orca.wv.tek.com

bret@codonics.COM (Bret Orsburn) (11/21/90)

>>> A beginner's question:  to apply patches to various x sources, one
>>> must have a program called patch.  Can anyone tell where I can get
>>> this?
>>
>>Almost any sources archive site.  It's a very widely spread program.
>
>Not to mention it's distributed with the X11R4 source on tape-2, and ends
>up in the contrib directory.

Beeeep.

Time's up.

The correct answer is:

	{yourXsourcedir}/mit/util/patch

(Or did this change for the public release?)

--
bret@codonics.com