[comp.windows.x] Xwebster ?

gt0963d@prism.gatech.EDU (The Dreamer) (11/21/90)

I was trying to locate xwebster....Where can
it be found...?

Thanks a lot
:-)
--
-----
We are all actors in Somebody's Dream..

mayer@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Niels Mayer) (11/21/90)

In article <17392@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt0963d@prism.gatech.EDU (The Dreamer) writes:
>I was trying to locate xwebster....Where can
>it be found...?

It used to be on expo.lcs.mit.edu:oldcontrib, but that directory
disappeared...

I just put a slightly updated xwebster distribution on expo.lcs.mit.edu,
directory contrib, file xwebster.tar.Z.

I've updated the xwebster.README file to include information on compiling,
troubleshooting, where to find libXw, etc. I've also appended a number of
articles I've picked up from USENET about the availability, illegality, and
non-availability of dictionary servers. Other additions: directory
xwebster/patches contains some untested patches that I've received; file
xwebster.xbm contains an X bitmap for xwebster, suitable for use by window
managers.

Note that I'm providing this software as-is, without any support. If you
send me mail asking questions on how to get it working, I may or may not
answer depending on how busy I am. NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTS ON HOW TO
OBTAIN/ACCESS A WEBSTER DICTIONARY SERVER WILL BE "CHEERFULLY IGNORED."

	    Niels Mayer -- hplabs!mayer -- mayer@hplabs.hp.com
		  Human-Computer Interaction Department
		       Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
			      Palo Alto, CA.