[comp.windows.x] X11 on pc

mohammad@hpclmp.HP.COM (Mohammad Pourheidari) (11/21/90)

Hi,

Is there a version of X11 that runs on PC's?  If so, could you provide me
with some pointers!?

thanks, M.

av@kielo.uta.fi (Arto V. Viitanen) (11/22/90)

Mohammad> Hi,

Mohammad> Is there a version of X11 that runs on PC's?  If so, could you provide me
Mohammad> with some pointers!?

Look at the QuertedDesk's DeskView/X. They had quite a good ad on BYTE's
annual PC number 1990.

--
Arto V. Viitanen				         email: av@kielo.uta.fi
University Of Tampere,				   	    av@ohdake.cs.uta.fi

CS727713%HKPCC.HKP.HK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU ("Stephen Wong ", Hong Kong Poly. - Computing Dept.) (11/22/90)

>From: hpcc05!hpcuhb!hpcllla!hpclisp!hpclmp!mohammad@hplabs.hpl.hp.com
>Subject: X11 on pc
>Sender: xpert-request@expo.lcs.mit.edu
>To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu
>
>Hi,
>
>Is there a version of X11 that runs on PC's?  If so, could you provide me
>with some pointers!?
>
>thanks, M.
I think this question should go into FAQ!  Try the following :-

For MSDOS :-
PCXsight from Locus
Desqview/X from QuarterDeck available in Q191

For Unix :-
SCO OpenDeskTop
Interactive Unix System V
Everex ESIX

Stephen.
(Internet : CS727713@HKPCC.HKP.HK)

fgreco@dprg-330.GOVt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (11/23/90)

> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there a version of X11 that runs on PC's?  If so, could you provide me
> >with some pointers!?

	There's also an article in a recent Unix World (Nov 90) by
	Steven Mikes on X Servers for DOS too if anyone's interested.

Frank G.