[comp.windows.x] Alternate X Pointer devices

chubin@richsun.cpg.trs.reuter.com (Ed Chubin) (11/27/90)

A client of ours would like to avoid using a mouse to access our X
application.  I have not seen any examples of how this can be done.
This application has not been written in-house, so we can't change it.

I know that OS/2 and MS/Windows has provisions for users without
these types of pointer devices, i.e. use of the keyboard and arrow
keys.

Is there any such method in X11/OpenWindows that can accomplish
this goal.  Is there any way of remapping the keyboard to appear to
applications like a mouse.

Thanx in advance for your response,

Ed Chubin             email: chubin@richsun.cpg.trs.reuter.com

In article <1170@richsun.cpg.trs.reuter.com> chubin@richsun.cpg.trs.reuter.com (Ed Chubin) writes:
>A client of ours would like to avoid using a mouse to access our X
>application.  I have not seen any examples of how this can be done.
>This application has not been written in-house, so we can't change it.

Whoops, I didn't notice this when I started to reply.  I was going to
suggest that this was one advantage of Motif

>I know that OS/2 and MS/Windows has provisions for users without
>these types of pointer devices, i.e. use of the keyboard and arrow
>keys.

due in fact to having inherited its style guide from these sources.
But that's not going to help you with a non-Motif application.

--
Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.