[comp.windows.x] Availability of calentool under X

baden@gili.ucsd.edu (Scott Baden) (11/08/90)

Does anyone know of an X-windows version of this sunview tool?
Is anyone attempting to convert this tool to run under X?

 	Scott B. Baden
 	Univ. of California, San Diego
 	CSE 0114
 	9500 Gilman Drive
 	La Jolla, CA 92093-0114
 	tel (619) 534-8861
 	fax (619) 534-7029
 	baden@cs.ucsd.edu

cook@nostromo.asd.sgi.com (Doug Cook) (11/09/90)

In article <13979@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> baden@gili.ucsd.edu (Scott Baden) writes:
>Does anyone know of an X-windows version of this sunview tool?
>Is anyone attempting to convert this tool to run under X?

Check out "cm" (for calendar manager), it comes with OpenWindows 2.0.
Since it's written with XView, it runs under X. The source isn't presently
available, but, according to recent postings, all the OpenWindows sources will
be much easier to get very soon.

	-Doug

Doug Cook			       |"Like a breakfast at the egg-house,
Video Group, Advanced Systems Division | a waffle on the griddle,
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		       | I'm burnt around the edges,
Mountain View, CA		       | but I'm tender in the middle."

billr@saab.CNA.TEK.COM (Bill Randle) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov8.205020.7755@odin.corp.sgi.com> cook@nostromo.asd.sgi.com (Doug Cook) writes:
>In article <13979@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> baden@gili.ucsd.edu (Scott Baden) writes:
>>Does anyone know of an X-windows version of this sunview tool?
>>Is anyone attempting to convert this tool to run under X?
>
>Check out "cm" (for calendar manager), it comes with OpenWindows 2.0.
>Since it's written with XView, it runs under X. The source isn't presently
>available, but, according to recent postings, all the OpenWindows sources will
>be much easier to get very soon.

There is a beta-test version of xcalentool available.  There are some known
problems, but it generally works pretty well. It requires XView 2.0. You
can get it via anon ftp from uunet:~ftp/comp.sources.games/tmp, via anon
uucp from saab (send mail for uucp info), or as a last resort via email
from me.

	-Bill Randle
	Tektronix, Inc.
	billr@saab.CNA.TEK.COM

barnett@crdgw1.crd.ge.com (Bruce G. Barnett) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov8.205020.7755@odin.corp.sgi.com> cook@nostromo.asd.sgi.com (Doug Cook) writes:
|Check out "cm" (for calendar manager), it comes with OpenWindows 2.0.
|Since it's written with XView, it runs under X. The source isn't presently
|available, but, according to recent postings, all the OpenWindows sources will
|be much easier to get very soon.

Sorry, no. I asked this question, and OpenWindows(TM) source does NOT
include the deskset tools.

It does include the server, toolkits, and font technology.

mark@zok.UUCP (Mark W. Snitily) (11/29/90)

In article <13857@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> barnett@crdgw1.crd.ge.com (Bruce G. Barnett) writes:
>In article <1990Nov8.205020.7755@odin.corp.sgi.com> cook@nostromo.asd.sgi.com (Doug Cook) writes:
>|Check out "cm" (for calendar manager), it comes with OpenWindows 2.0.
>
>Sorry, no. I asked this question, and OpenWindows(TM) source does NOT
>include the deskset tools.
>
>It does include the server, toolkits, and font technology.

Will the code that is made available for the server contain GX specific
code (e.g. for the cg6)?

-- Mark

Mark W. Snitily                 Consulting Services:
894 Brookgrove Lane             Graphics, Operating Systems, Compilers
Cupertino, CA 95014             (408) 252-0456
mark@zok.uucp                   West Coast UUCP X11 archive site

If your mailer doesn't like the .uucp domain, these also work:
...!{mips,sgi}!zok!mark, mark%zok@mips.com, mark%zok@sgi.com