[comp.windows.x] X-based grid editor : request

rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov (R. Signell) (11/30/90)

Does anybody have a X based grid-editor?  I am generating
gridded data from scattered points and I'd like to be able to
display the entire grid via a colormap, and have the ability
to zoom in, display and change the values of individual grid
cells.  Anything close will do if we may butcher the code.

Thanks,

--
Rich Signell               |   rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov
U.S. Geological Survey     |   (508) 548-8700

joe@spdcc.COM (Joseph Francis) (12/01/90)

In article <1990Nov29.184140.23889@netnews.whoi.edu> rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov (R. Signell) writes:
>Does anybody have a X based grid-editor?  I am generating
>gridded data from scattered points and I'd like to be able to
>display the entire grid via a colormap, and have the ability

CERL has a package called GRASS which provides X-Windows support
for interactive and batched viewing, etc. of gridded data, in particular
geographic information (like satellite photos, digital elevation maps..)
There is a group in Fairfax, VA which deals with it, but I don't have
the info just sitting around here today.  If you are with USGS, you
should be able to find the Army CERL (Corps Engineering Research Labs)
somehow...

-Jojo