[comp.windows.x] PC-Xview on PC-NFS ?

woks4000@mailgzrz.tu-berlin.de (Wolfgang Ksoll) (12/03/90)

I have running PC-Xview 2.1 (from GSS) running on 286 an 386 PC's with
4 and 8 MB RAM. This works fine with PC/TCP from FTP Inc. on WD8003
ethernet adaptors.

Now I want to use some PC-NFS 3.1 licences (from Sun). On our first
Installation we can only use one xterm and a window manager. PC-Xview's
manual says there is a limit of six TCP-connections. In PC-NFS's manual
I found no hints to the structure or function of SOCKDRV.SYS where the
limits seem to be burned in. Are there any possibilities to increase the
number of connections?
Is PC-NFS usefull with PC-Xview at all?

Thank you for your patience,
--
Wolfgang Ksoll           ZRZ (CC), Tech. Univ. of Berlin, Germany
                         woks4000@w104zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de

chris@manic.communica.oz (Chris Clarkson) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec2.205251@mailgzrz.tu-berlin.de>, woks4000@mailgzrz.tu-berlin.de (Wolfgang Ksoll) writes:
> I have running PC-Xview 2.1 (from GSS) running on 286 an 386 PC's with
> 4 and 8 MB RAM. This works fine with PC/TCP from FTP Inc. on WD8003
> ethernet adaptors.
>
> Now I want to use some PC-NFS 3.1 licences (from Sun). On our first
> Installation we can only use one xterm and a window manager. PC-Xview's
> manual says there is a limit of six TCP-connections. In PC-NFS's manual
> I found no hints to the structure or function of SOCKDRV.SYS where the
> limits seem to be burned in. Are there any possibilities to increase the
> number of connections?
> Is PC-NFS usefull with PC-Xview at all?

Teem-Talk-X from Pericom Int does what you want on top of PC-NFS
--
Chris Clarkson					 	Tel:	61 8 410 1442
chris@manic.communica.oz.au				Fax:	61 8 410 1443