[comp.windows.x] TAE user interface builder

farmer@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Gary Farmer) (12/04/90)

I am interested in the TAE builder.  I have not seen any more about it in the
newsgroups for a couple of weeks.  Is TAE ftpable from Georgia?  If so, what is
the net name of the machine?  What directory is it in?  Forgive me if I missed
such a posting in comp.windows.x.

Thank you in advance,

Gary Farmer
farmer@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu

cew@censun1.UUCP (SSUID Craig E Warsaw) (12/05/90)

In article <FARMER.90Dec3170445@titan.titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu>, farmer@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Gary Farmer) writes:

> I am interested in the TAE builder.  I have not seen any more about it in the
> newsgroups for a couple of weeks.  Is TAE ftpable from Georgia?  If so, what is
> the net name of the machine?  What directory is it in?  Forgive me if I missed
> such a posting in comp.windows.x.

TAE Plus is not ftpable.

TAE Plus, the Transportable Applications Environment, provides an
intuitive WYSIWYG "...WorkBench for designing an application's user
interface and for the automatic generation of code.  In addition,
TAE Plus contains application services for the run-time manipulation
and management of the user interface.  Based on the MIT X Window System,
TAE Plus runs on a variety of UNIX- or VMS-based workstations." *

For further information concerning TAE Plus, contact:

	Goddard Space Flight Center
	TAE Suppport Office
	Code 522
	Attn: Arleen Yeager
	Greenbelt, MD  20771
	301-286-6034
	FTS 888-6034

	e-mail:  taeso@postman.gsfc.nasa.gov

	TELEMAIL from a NASA facility:
	[TAESO/GSFCMAIL]GSFC

	TELEMAIL outside of NASA:
	[TAESO/GSFCMAIL]GSFC/USA

	SPAN is 6162::TAESO

* Excerpted from the paper "TAE Plus: Transportable Applications
  Environment Plus: A User Interface Development Environment" by
  Martha R. Szczur and Sylvia B. Sheppard, NASA/GSFC.

Craig Warsaw ( cew@fox.gsfc.nasa.gov cwarsaw@cen.com )
Century Computing, Inc.
Laurel, MD 20707
(301) 953-3330

TAE Plus project
under contract to:
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
OSF Member

meo@Dixie.Com (Miles ONeal) (12/05/90)

farmer@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Gary Farmer) writes:
|I am interested in the TAE builder.  I have not seen any more about it in the
|newsgroups for a couple of weeks.  Is TAE ftpable from Georgia?  ...

TAE Plus is available by license through Cosmic. It costs $500.00 US
for all source, manuals, etc... They do have an email address, but
they cleverly DON'T list it in NASA Tech Briefs (that I can find).

-Miles

Miles O'Neal
meo@dixie.com              (S&SSi)      {uunet | emory}!rsiatl!meo