[net.news] Followup fan-in

throopw@rtp47.UUCP (Wayne Throop) (08/11/85)

I question whether Followup fan-in has been thoroughly thought out.
Note that there are many cross-postings where the proposed fan-in
algorithms would do the "wrong thing", for example, the multitudes of
mispostings along these lines:

> Newsgroups: net.rumor,net.misc.coke
> Subject: Re: Re: Classic Coke vs. Original Coke

Also, I don't see where current news reading protocols have the ability
to follow an interesting discussion thread into other newsgroups after a
fan-in has occured.  (Please mail me info if I'm missing something.)
--
Wayne Throop at Data General, RTP, NC
<the-known-world>!mcnc!rti-sel!rtp47!throopw