[comp.windows.x] XmPushButton translation tables problem

david@lta.com (David B. Lewis) (12/06/90)

>From: ephrem@oakhill.UUCP (Ephrem Chemaly)
>I am having problems with the translation tables.  I am running X11R4 and Motif
>1.0 from MIT on a Sun 3/260, and X11R3 from Apple, and Motif 1.0 from Integrated
	  ^^^ OSF

[description deleted of problem #augmenting or #overriding translations for the
Motif XmPushButton in which
	*Name.translations: #augment\n\
		<Btn3Down>:     Help()\n\
		<Key>F1:        Help()
results in only those translations]

>Has anybody seen that problem, or am I doing something wrong.

The XmPushButton and several other Motif 1.0 widgets set up translations
on a per-instance basis, usually to arrange, for example, for the PushButton
to behave alternately as a MenuButton. In doing this, the translations
already installed on the widget are ignored. We have a work-around which
will be part of the Motif 1.0.4 release and may be available to source
licensees earlier.

This is also a problem for Motif 1.1.0, but I don't know how it will be fixed.
--
David B. Lewis  			Lewis, Trachtenberg & Associates (LTA)
Note new address!:  david@lta.com	+1 617 225 0366