[comp.windows.x] X Console window problem

frontah@pawl8.pawl.rpi.edu (David J Sotnick) (12/08/90)

I am having a problem getting my console messages to show up in my console
window (I am running xterm -C) which should work. I have posted to comp.unix.
aux.,, which is the system I am running. I was wondering what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated, since the console messages are somewhat import-
ant!

dave sotnick
Disclaimer: I'm innocent of anything.   INTERNET to "frontah@rpi.edu"
						 or "sotnick@iear.arts.rpi.edu"

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (12/09/90)

In article <~NB^FK&@rpi.edu> frontah@pawl8.pawl.rpi.edu (David J Sotnick) writes:
>I am having a problem getting my console messages to show up in my console
>window (I am running xterm -C) which should work. I have posted to comp.unix.
>aux.,, which is the system I am running. I was wondering what I am doing wrong.

Maybe you're asking too much.

According to the manual page, -C may not work on all systems.  It doesn't
work on an unadulterated 4.3BSD or System V, since the ioctl needed
(TIOCCONS) isn't supplied on those systems.  Sun and Sony workstations,
to name a couple, do supply this ioctl, and I'm sure others are doing
the same.  Maybe A/UX just doesn't have this yet.