[comp.windows.x] Have I lost the feed from comp.sources.x?

jct@windex.WV.TEK.COM (John C Thomas) (12/01/90)

I have not received posting on the newsgroup comp.sources.x since November 1st.
Since this is normally a moderately active newsgroup, I am suspicious of foul
play.

Is the moderator on vacation?  Have the generous souls stopped posting?
Or have I simply lost the feed?

If it is just my feed, don't bother replying to the net.  A direct reply
(by email) would be sufficient.  If, however, others are experiencing this
interruption, perhaps a response on the net would be in order.

Thanks-in-advance ....

jct@orca.wv.tek.com

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (12/01/90)

In article <9630@orca.wv.tek.com> jct@windex.WV.TEK.COM (John C Thomas) writes:
> I have not received posting on the newsgroup comp.sources.x since November 1st.
> Since this is normally a moderately active newsgroup, I am suspicious of foul
> play.
>
> Is the moderator on vacation?  Have the generous souls stopped posting?
> Or have I simply lost the feed?

I am the moderator and I have been posting.  A list of things
that have been posted since November 1 is appended.

> If it is just my feed, don't bother replying to the net.  A direct reply
> (by email) would be sufficient.  If, however, others are experiencing this
> interruption, perhaps a response on the net would be in order.

I don't know, but the information might be useful to those who
also suspect they are missing postings.  Note -- the only other
complaint I've had is from Jordan Hubbard, but I've been paying
someone to keep postings from him :-)  (just kidding jordan.)

(11/8/90) v10i049: wcl/part01
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	 wcl -- widget creation library, Part01/11
(11/8/90) v10i050: wcl/part02
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- widget creation library
(11/8/90) v10i051: wcl/part03
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	 wcl -- Widget Creation Library, Part03/11
(11/8/90) v10i052: wcl/part04
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i053: wcl/part05
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i054: wcl/part06
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i055: wcl/part07
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i056: wcl/part08
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i057: wcl/part09
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i058: wcl/part10
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i059: wcl/part11
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/8/90) v10i060: wcl/part12
	david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov (David E. Smyth)
	wcl -- Widget Creation Library
(11/9/90) v10i061: xboard/part01
	sears@decwrl.dec.com (Chris Sears)
	 xboard, Part01/03
(11/9/90) v10i062: xboard/part02
	sears@decwrl.dec.com (Chris Sears)
	xboard
(11/9/90) v10i063: xboard/part03
	sears@decwrl.dec.com (Chris Sears)
	xboard
(11/9/90) v10i064: tgif/patch6.01
	william@CS.UCLA.EDU (William Cheng)
	 tgif, Patch6, Part01/03
(11/9/90) v10i065: tgif/patch6.02
	william@CS.UCLA.EDU (William Cheng)
	 tgif, Patch6, Part02/03
(11/9/90) v10i066: tgif/patch6.03
	william@CS.UCLA.EDU (William Cheng)
	 tgif, Patch6, Part03/03
(11/13/90) v10i067: xlock/part01
	naughton@Eng (Patrick Naughton)
	 xlock, Part01/03
(11/13/90) v10i068: xlock/part02
	naughton@Eng (Patrick Naughton)
	xlock
(11/13/90) v10i069: xlock/part03
	naughton@Eng (Patrick Naughton)
	xlock
(11/15/90) v10i070: xmon/patch3
	Greg McFarlane <gregm@otc.otca.oz.au>
	 Xmon - X protocol monitor, Patch3, Part01/01
(11/15/90) v10i071: xrolo/patch1
	luis@rice.edu (Luis Soltero)
	 xrolo -- an XView rolodex, Patch1, Part01/01
(11/15/90) v10i072: xsel/patch2
	Richard Hesketh <rlh2@ukc.ac.uk>
	 xsel, Patch2, Part01/01
(11/15/90) v10i073: tvtwm/patch4
	toml@Solbourne.COM
	 tvtwm, Patch4, Part01/01
(11/15/90) v10i074: infow/part01
	jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
	 Info Widget, Part01/02
(11/15/90) v10i075: infow/part02
	jkh@meepmeep.pcs.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
	Info Widget
(11/19/90) v10i076: bdf2ps/part01
	mleisher@NMSU.Edu
	 BDF to Postscript program, Part01/01
(11/20/90) v10i077: spider/patch2
	Heather Rose <hvr@kimba>
	 spider, Patch2, Part01/01
(11/21/90) v10i078: contool/patch2
	chuck@melmac.harris-atd.com (Chuck Musciano)
	 contool -- replacement for cmdtool -C, Patch2, Part01/01
(11/27/90) v10i079: xv/part01
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	 xv - display and manipulate images, Part01/10
(11/27/90) v10i080: xv/part02
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i081: xv/part03
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i082: xv/part04
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i083: xv/part05
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i084: xv/part06
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i085: xv/part07
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i086: xv/part08
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i087: xv/part09
	bradley@halibut.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley)
	xv - display and manipulate images
(11/27/90) v10i088: xv/part10
--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com

adri@dutncp8.tudelft.nl (A.B. van Woerkom) (12/03/90)

jct@windex.WV.TEK.COM (John C Thomas) writes:

>I have not received posting on the newsgroup comp.sources.x since November 1st.
>Since this is normally a moderately active newsgroup, I am suspicious of foul
>play.

>Is the moderator on vacation?  Have the generous souls stopped posting?
>Or have I simply lost the feed?

>If it is just my feed, don't bother replying to the net.  A direct reply
>(by email) would be sufficient.  If, however, others are experiencing this
>interruption, perhaps a response on the net would be in order.

I have not seen anything here either. So, I suppose it is not a local feed
problem.
		Adri.
--
A.B. van Woerkom, adri@dutncp6.tudelft.nl
Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Applied Physics, Physics

gwh@cheetah.inmos.co.uk (Graham Hudspith) (12/05/90)

In article <adri.660217424@dutncp8>, adri@dutncp8.tudelft.nl (A.B. van Woerkom) writes:
|> jct@windex.WV.TEK.COM (John C Thomas) writes:
|>
|> >I have not received posting on the newsgroup comp.sources.x since November 1st.
|>
|> >If it is just my feed, don't bother replying to the net.  A direct reply
|> >(by email) would be sufficient.  If, however, others are experiencing this
|> >interruption, perhaps a response on the net would be in order.
|>
|> I have not seen anything here either. So, I suppose it is not a local feed
|> problem.
|> 		Adri.

Nope,
	The last piece of news from this newsgroup held by the archive at
Imperial College, London (icdoc) is dated 5th November. I don't suppose all
the lost news will be reposted, but will the archives be brought up to date?

--
Graham W. Hudspith  INMOS Ltd, Bristol | EMail(UK) ukc!inmos!gwh
---------------------------------------|     or    gwh@inmos.co.uk

x-window@uni-paderborn.de (X-Window Betreuung) (12/12/90)

I didn't see anything here either. Seems to be a rather large problem
:-(

Swen.
--

---->  Swen Thuemmler  *  X-Betreuung  *  <swen@uni-paderborn.de>  <----

mikep@sco.COM (Mike Patnode) (12/12/90)

In article <3818@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) writes:
+In article <9630@orca.wv.tek.com> jct@windex.WV.TEK.COM (John C Thomas) writes:
+> I have not received posting on the newsgroup comp.sources.x since November 1st.
+> Since this is normally a moderately active newsgroup, I am suspicious of foul
+> play.
+>
+
+I am the moderator and I have been posting.  A list of things
+that have been posted since November 1 is appended.

Something is definitely wrong Dan, we've lost our feed as well.  I'm
going through withdrawls.  (Maybe I've been getting more work done?
Naaaww.)  Anyways, I'll get our people tracking it down on this end.

--
Mike Patnode					The Santa Cruz Operation
Software Engineer				400 Encinal Street