[comp.windows.x] XmString Question -- clarify please

ik@laic.UUCP (Ik Su Yoo) (12/11/90)

In article <16962@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, dbrooks@penge.osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
> In article <1990Dec5.020710.12550@alphalpha.com> nazgul@alphalpha.com (Kee Hinckley) writes:
>
> >  Also in XmList XmNitems and XmNselectedItems, which are
> >arrays of XmStrings are not copied (and you wouldn't want them to be).
>
> Right.

But what about the array itself? Should I XtFree the array? I'm using
Motif 1.1 if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

--
|  Ik Su Yoo                                 |  Office: (415) 354-5584        |
|  Scientist @ Lockheed AI Center            |  Fax:    (415) 354-5235        |

dbrooks@osf.org (David Brooks) (12/13/90)

In article <938@laic.UUCP>, ik@laic.UUCP (Ik Su Yoo) writes:

|> But what about the array itself? Should I XtFree the array? I'm using
|> Motif 1.1 if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

No, you shouldn't free the array either.
--
David Brooks				dbrooks@osf.org
Systems Engineering, OSF		uunet!osf.org!dbrooks

In article <938@laic.UUCP> ik@laic.UUCP (Ik Su Yoo) writes:
>But what about the array itself? Should I XtFree the array? I'm using
>Motif 1.1 if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

Don't free it (at least I hope not, I'm not).
--
Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.