[net.news] net.bizarre leaking into net.misc

riddle@im4u.UUCP (08/25/85)

It seems to me that this has been reported elsewhere, but I haven't seen any
followup discussion of it, so I'll mention it again.

Articles from net.bizarre are leaking into net.misc in large numbers.  Here's
a sample; any newspath wizards want to try to track down the source of the
problem?

>> From ut-sally!seismo!lll-crg!amdcad!amd!pesnta!hplabs!intelca!qantel!ihnp4!mgnetp!we53!busch!mte Sat Aug 24 16:57:46 CDT 1985
>> Article 559 of net.misc:
>> >From: mte@busch.UUCP (Moshe Eliovson)
>> Newsgroups: net.misc
>> Subject: Re: Net Fiction
>> Date: 14 Aug 85 01:32:58 GMT
>>

>> 	Here's a good laugh for you all.  I decide to read
>> net.bizarre for the first time.  I hit #273 by Charles Forsyth...
>> the second article...
>>
>> 	core dump
>>
>> Egad!  This Newsgroup is frightening!
>>
>> 		Moshe Eliovson
>> 		{allegra, ihnp4}!we53!busch!mte

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech}!ut-sally!riddle   riddle@ut-sally.UUCP
--- riddle@ut-sally.ARPA, riddle%zotz@ut-sally, riddle%im4u@ut-sally

avolio@decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) (08/28/85)

In article <461@im4u.UUCP>, riddle@im4u.UUCP writes:
> It seems to me that this has been reported elsewhere, but I haven't seen any
> followup discussion of it, so I'll mention it again.
>
> Articles from net.bizarre are leaking into net.misc in large numbers.  Here's
> a sample; any newspath wizards want to try to track down the source of the
> problem?

Is it possible that someone at a major site has net.bizarre aliased to
net.misc?  Would this change the "Newsgroup:" field?  If so, then all it
would require is for news to pass through said site.