[comp.windows.x] tvtwm & grey screens

cigp03@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Roger `ANJOU' Dubar) (12/21/90)

--

I recently got ``tvtwm'' compiled on a SUN 3/80, and ive got an undocumented
``feature''... that is when Xwindows boots up, it gives me a splatter-grey
screen no matter what i had called for in my xinit file, using either
xloadimage or ``ssetroot'' (i.e. its not just that im using `Xsetroot' - cause
im not!)

Can anyone enlighten me as to what might be happenening??

	much thanks...
					Rog..

--------+
        +                   +-- JANET: R.Dubar@uk.ac.strath.vaxa --+
	+--- ROGER DUBAR ---+                                      |

  +-- Internet:  cigp03%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk ------+

  +--- alias ANJOU ------- "I'd rather be watching TWIN PEAKS." ---++++

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) (12/25/90)

cigp03@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Roger `ANJOU' Dubar) writes:

>--

>I recently got ``tvtwm'' compiled on a SUN 3/80, and ive got an undocumented
>``feature''... that is when Xwindows boots up, it gives me a splatter-grey
>screen no matter what i had called for in my xinit file, using either
>xloadimage or ``ssetroot'' (i.e. its not just that im using `Xsetroot' - cause
>im not!)

>Can anyone enlighten me as to what might be happenening??

There is a .tvtwmrc line which specifies what your startup screen should be
(at least for me lets me do it for a bitmap). The keyword escapes me right
now...

		Steven

>	much thanks...
>					Rog..

>--------+
>        +                   +-- JANET: R.Dubar@uk.ac.strath.vaxa --+
>	+--- ROGER DUBAR ---+                                      |
>  +-- Internet:  cigp03%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk ------+
>  +--- alias ANJOU ------- "I'd rather be watching TWIN PEAKS." ---++++
--
Steven V. Christensen