[comp.windows.x] bart xbiff

chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) (12/27/90)

Merry Christmas to all!
	A week ago someone put forth the BARTMASK for the xbiff icon that looks great. Has
anyone gone the extra mile and come up with the sound file so you can really hear "MAIL, MAN!"
on a sparcstation? Please let me know. I don't want to reinvent any wheels if I can help it.
I would assume that cat'ing the file into /dev/audio would give the desired effect.
   __    _____   _____     Chris VandenBerg (chris@salt.acc.com)
  //\\  / ____\ / ____\    Advanced Computer Communications
 //__\\ ||_____ ||_____    720 Santa Barbara St.
// \___\\_____/ \_____/    Santa Barbara, CA 93101
                           (805) 963-9431

stripes@eng.umd.edu (Joshua Osborne) (12/28/90)

In article <9012261848.AA29014@salt.acc.com>, chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) writes:
> Merry Christmas to all!
> 	A week ago someone put forth the BARTMASK for the xbiff icon that looks great. Has
> anyone gone the extra mile and come up with the sound file so you can really hear "MAIL, MAN!"
> on a sparcstation? Please let me know. I don't want to reinvent any wheels if I can help it.
> I would assume that cat'ing the file into /dev/audio would give the desired effect.

Get the audio-xbiff and make your default mail sound the "mail man" sound; but
that's a limited use of the audio-xbiff.  It matched regular expresions in the
header, I've got a *ton* of sounds defined (over 100...) in my .Xdefaults!

I got the audio xbiff from expo.lcs.mit.edu, it is probbly on other X archive
sites.
--
           stripes@eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne@Real_World,The          Multitasking for MS-DOS"