[net.news] Add "fa" group moderator addresses to list of moderators

control@almsa-1 (William Martin) (09/05/85)

I was just checking the files in net.announce.newusers to get some info
for a USENET correspondent who said that he did not know how to post to
"fa.info-vax". On the ARPA side, all one needs do is mail to
"info-vax@sri-kl"; I was expecting to find a pointer in the USENET
documentation that would give the preferred UUCP path to that address
or an alternate UUCP address to use instead. I couldn't find any such
info. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place, but I didn't run
across any generic or general-purpose info on methods for USENETters to
use for submitting to the "fa" groups.

Would not it be wise to add this info to the "List of Moderators"
biweekly posting on net.announce.newusers?

Will

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (09/09/85)

In article <199@almsa-1> control@almsa-1 (William Martin) writes:
>I was just checking the files in net.announce.newusers to get some info
>for a USENET correspondent who said that he did not know how to post to
>"fa.info-vax".
>
>Would not it be wise to add this info to the "List of Moderators"
>biweekly posting on net.announce.newusers?

We already do that -- every site should, obviously.
--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!stephen
DARPA:	stephen%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (x0705) (09/11/85)

> I was just checking the files in net.announce.newusers to get some info
> for a USENET correspondent who said that he did not know how to post to
> "fa.info-vax". On the ARPA side, all one needs do is mail to
> "info-vax@sri-kl"; I was expecting to find a pointer in the USENET
> documentation that would give the preferred UUCP path to that address
> or an alternate UUCP address to use instead. I couldn't find any such
> info. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong place, but I didn't run
> across any generic or general-purpose info on methods for USENETters to
> use for submitting to the "fa" groups.
>
> Would not it be wise to add this info to the "List of Moderators"
> biweekly posting on net.announce.newusers?
>
> Will

There is no "Preferred UUCP path", since uucp paths specifiy a routing for the
job to take, rather than an absolute destination address like ARPA-addresses
(though a path from some major node like ihnp4 or decvax would be nice.)
The standard way to post to an fa.*** group is to use the "reply" option in
readnews, which sends mail to the poster of the article, i.e. the mailing-list.
It would be a good addition to the biweekly postings.
--
## Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs