[comp.windows.x] Question on building X11R4 on SCO Unix.

jtsillas@bubba.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) (01/05/91)

I am having a few problems with the SCO Unix port of X11R4. I have applied
the SCO patches to the X11R4 distribution on top of the 18 level patches.
I am using gcc-1.38.

The Makefile construction gives occasional "./Imakefile: 4: bad include syntax"
errors. I am not sure how this affects the build. Also the SCO patches
say that they should be applied on top of level 14 patches. Should I not have
applied level 15 and up?

Has anyone done this build successfully? Thanks for the help.

james.
--
 == James Tsillas                    Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 294-2937                   300 Concord Road   826A          ==

jimke@microsoft.UUCP (Jim KELLY) (01/06/91)

In article <JTSILLAS.91Jan4170249@bubba.ma30.bull.com> jtsillas@bubba.ma30.bull.com (James Tsillas) writes:

>I am having a few problems with the SCO Unix port of X11R4. I have applied
>the SCO patches to the X11R4 distribution on top of the 18 level patches.
>I am using gcc-1.38.
>
>The Makefile construction gives occasional "./Imakefile: 4: bad include syntax"
>errors. I am not sure how this affects the build. Also the SCO patches
>say that they should be applied on top of level 14 patches. Should I not have
>applied level 15 and up?

I get the "bad include syntax" message too but everything builds O.K.

The patches are guarenteed to work after applying fix-14. As I recall when
I updated from fix-14 to fix-18, I applied all 18 fixes to the vanilla
mit code and then the SCO patches. There were a couple of xyz# files left
and I had to hand patch some files. fix-15 through fix-18 all have to do
with Xt.

jim