[comp.windows.x] contools for OpenWindows ?

dbraun@i50s7.ira.uka.de (Dieter Braun) (01/10/91)

Is there a tool for OpenWindows like contool for SunView.

I want to have the possibility to have a console, which is changing
it's icon if an event is occuring to console.

contool did so for SunView. But I'm not very experienced in converting
programs von SunView to OpenWindows and i dislike to run SunView applications
in OpenWindows.

dieter braun

chuck@trantor.harris-atd.com (Chuck Musciano) (01/11/91)

In article <91.010.14:10:11@ira.uka.de>, dbraun@i50s7.ira.uka.de (Dieter Braun) writes:
> Is there a tool for OpenWindows like contool for SunView.
>
> I want to have the possibility to have a console, which is changing
> it's icon if an event is occuring to console.
>
> contool did so for SunView. But I'm not very experienced in converting
> programs von SunView to OpenWindows and i dislike to run SunView applications
> in OpenWindows.

     Contool 3.0 is available, and is a port of contool for X.  It adds
a few new features and sports an OPEN LOOK-compliant interface.

     You can get contool from the archives at uunet.uu.net and rice.edu via
the mail servers (named "netlib" at uunet and "archive-server" at rice).  You
can also use FTP to get contool from uunet.uu.net, titan.rice.edu, and
trantor.harris-atd.com.  There are two patches, so the current version is
3.0b.

--

Chuck Musciano				ARPA  : chuck@trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 			Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck

A good newspaper is never good enough,
	but a lousy newspaper is a joy forever.		-- Garrison Keillor

fgreco@govt.shearson.COM (Frank Greco) (01/11/91)

Xview version of contool is available from titan.rice.edu