[comp.windows.x] usa map in x bitmap format ?

TRANLE@intellicorp.COM (Minh Tran-Le) (01/12/91)

Does anyone has a USA map in X Bitmap format or PPM format ?

Thanks,
Minh Tran-Le
-------

jsy@cray.com (Jeff Young) (01/13/91)

In article <9101120420.AA05983@expo.lcs.mit.edu>, TRANLE@intellicorp.COM (Minh Tran-Le) writes:

> Does anyone has a USA map in X Bitmap format or PPM format ?

	I am looking for a map of the world (as detailed as possible) with in-
formation about the terrain of the point in question.  (Is is desert, forest,
plain, altitude, etc).  I have seen the political maps which use lines to
represent borders between countries, but this is not what I am looking for.

	Is there anyone with a map of the world like I want?  (You could use
this to write an X program which shows daylight/nighttime in real time, etc.)

Thanks,
Jeff Young

jsy@cray.com