[net.music] has Prudence Johnson recorded any albums?

lia@cascade.ARPA (Lia Adams) (03/02/86)

Prudence Johnson was on Prairie Home Companion again this week
(1 Mar 86), and I am wondering if I can get any records of her
singing.  Does anyone out there in netland know of any albums
of hers, and if so, can you please send me titles?

Thanks in advance,
--

	Lia Adams
	(lia@su-cascade.stanford.edu.

mrgofor@mmm.UUCP (MKR) (03/13/86)

In article <62@cascade.ARPA> lia@cascade.ARPA (Lia Adams) writes:

>Prudence Johnson was on Prairie Home Companion again this week
>(1 Mar 86), and I am wondering if I can get any records of her
>singing.  Does anyone out there in netland know of any albums
>of hers, and if so, can you please send me titles?
>
>	Lia Adams

	Prudence is a member of a Twin Cities jazz group called Rio Nido,
whose first album came out in the late 70's, and whose 2nd (and latest)
album came out last year. The first album is called "I Like to Riff" and
mainly has Cab-Calloway style 30's jazz tunes. It is a great album, my
copy is getting a little worn out, though, and it appears to be out of
print and out of the stores. The new album is more Manhattan Transfer-ish.
It's called "Hi-Fly", and features less of Prudence and more of the
drummer.

	I don't know the address, but there's a store here called "Hello
Minnesota", located in Minneapolis that sells all sorts of Minnesota stuff,
including records by various Minnesotans. They even sell Dylan albums.
Anyway, I know they carry "Hi-Fly", and they might even be able to find
"I Like to Riff". They also have a lot of PHC recordings. I think they
do mail order business - write 'em a letter and see if they've got a
catalogue.

--
					--MKR

If Man were meant to use the metric system, Jesus would have had
10 disciples.